Formerly: Emeritus at Broadmoor
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
(include area code)
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
We Assist Senior Living
Brookdale Broadmoor is a premier Colorado senior living community that provides the lifestyle options of Assisted Living or Memory Care to seniors and their families from Colorado Springs and surrounding towns in our area.
We are located in the highly-desirable Broadmoor neighborhood, home to the 5-star Broadmoor Hotel, surrounded by lush and beautifully-landscaped neighborhoods with majestic views of Cheyenne Mountain and Pikes Peak.
But the primary reason we are considered one of the premier senior care communities in our region is the relationships we form with families who entrust us with the well-being of their loved ones.
We offer two categories of care:
- Assisted Living
This lifestyle option is for seniors who need a little help with mobility and daily tasks from trained caregivers while enjoying the convenience of pampering resort services and the privacy of their own apartment. Assisted Living offers residents the specific type of personalized aid they need to make their lives easier and healthier, while enabling them to live as independently as possible.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care
Our state-of-the-art Clare Bridge Program employs the latest research as well as the knowledge base and experience of Brookdale, the largest provider of Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care in the nation. Our programs can help your loved one maintain their mental functions and enjoy the satisfaction and dignity of daily moments of success.
We understand your concern about the health and safety of your senior loved one. You worry that they may not take their medications properly, suffer a serious fall, or experience a serious health emergency with no one around. You feel stressed from the time demands of looking after your loved one, and guilt for not doing more.
We also understand the emotional turmoil going on within the senior you care for. They love their house and all the things they have filled it with over the years. They also fear the unknown, and may mistakenly associate an Assisted Living apartment community with a nursing home.
We Balance Independence With Assistance
The senior in your life doesn’t have to choose between the two options of independence or assistance. Unlike a nursing home, Brookdale Broadmoor is a community of apartment homes where they can have both … the independence of a private home, plus whatever type of supportive aid they need to perform daily tasks and maintain health.
Our associates who provide that assistance are more than senior care specialists. We are much like additions to your extended family, available to pitch in and help your loved one enjoy a greater quality of life. We can ease their life and ease your life.
Live With the Senior Living Leader
Our retirement community is owned and operated by Brookdale, the nation’s largest provider of senior living solutions. We are the number one leader in retirement hospitality and care because our associates connect with our residents and enrich their lives every day. The residents of our homes become our adopted parents and grandparents.
Discover How Brookdale Brings New Life to Senior Living
Find out more about our distinctive blend of resort-style comforts and personalized care. Just fill in your name, number, and email address in the response box on this page to receive more information. Or call us today to schedule a tour.
Levels of Care
At Brookdale Broadmoor, we assist our residents in body and mind with two care options:
Your loved one spent decades taking care of others. Now, it’s their turn to be pampered.
Customized Personal Care Services
We Learn Resident Personalities
Before a resident moves into their Brookdale home, our staff meets with their family to learn about their loved one’s life history, daily routines, and particular likes and dislikes.
We Tailor Individualized Plans
Based on each resident’s needs and preferences, we design a Personalized Service Plan that can include the following Assisted Living services:
- Help With Daily Personal Tasks – Our staff can assist your loved one with showering, hygiene, clothing selection, dressing, and grooming.
- Incontinence Management
- Mobility and Escort Service
- Dining Assistance
- Nurse on Call
- Medication Management
- Diabetes Management
- Wound Care
- Available Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy
Learn More About Our Assisting Care
Find out more about how we bring new life to senior living. Just fill in your name, number, and email address in the response box on this page to receive more information. Or call us today to schedule a tour.
Brookdale is the nation’s largest provider of Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care.
We Have Care in Mind
In addition to aiding seniors with physical challenges, our senior living community also offers care for residents impaired by symptoms of early, middle, or late stages of Alzheimer’s or Dementia, utilizing the latest research, technology and treatment programs. Each of our associates, all the way up to our Executive Director, receives continuing education on new techniques and updated approaches and innovations in memory care.
Our unique memory care program can alleviate your loved one’s distress.
The Clare Bridge Program
Although the Clare Bridge program has more than a quarter-century of success, it continues to evolve by incorporating the latest research for the care of thousands of Brookdale residents across the country who are overcoming symptoms of dementia.
The Clare Bridge Daily Path
In small “Cluster Groups” each resident is surrounded by others with the same cognitive abilities, to give them a feeling of fitting in. They participate in easy Daily Path activities that provide daily moments of success, and feelings of accomplishment and competence.
We select a minimum of six per day, tailored to match each resident’s previous life interests. These activities are scheduled to give our residents a gentle daily structure, seven days a week, in a routine that gives them a sense of security.
- The Morning Mental Workout – Mental maintenance exercises that can include topical discussions and brain-stimulating trivia games
- Reminiscence Therapy – We stimulate residents’ long-term memories by showing them photos, old movies, TV shows, and commercials from their past.
- “Livelihoods” Daily Life Skills Activities
- Ventures – Educational outings, such as visits to a museum, maintain the learning process by introducing residents to new knowledge and environments.
- Art Expressions – Activities like painting and crafting stimulate the creative thought process.
- Solace Sessions – These small-group sessions focus on calming and soothing residents suffering from confusion and agitation associated with advanced stages of dementia. Solace activities can include Bible reading, poem reading, and hand massages.
- Personalized Life Enrichment Refresher Sessions – In these individual sessions, we spend time with your loved one, giving them objects and photos associated with their past careers or hobbies. These sensory experiences stimulate their memories, awaken interest in their surroundings, and promote conversations about their personal histories.
The Clare Bridge Dining Program
The Clare Bridge Dining Program was designed by a team of Alzheimer’s Care professionals, including a gerontologist specializing in dementia care, a chef, and a registered dietician. It offers:
- Dementia-Friendly Menus
- Small Dining Rooms with Consistent Pre-Selected Seating
- Personal Dining Assistance
Learn More About Our Memory Care
Find out more about the personalized care we offer for the body and mind. Just fill in your name, number, and email address in the response box on this page to receive more information. Or call us today to schedule a tour.
Our hospitality services, activities, and campus features provide enjoyment, comfort, and convenience to residents throughout every section of our community.
- Weekly Housekeeping and Daily Trash Collection
- Laundry Service
- Restaurant-Style Dining
- On-Site Salon Services
- Optional Concierge Services – such as errand running, pet care, and in-room food service.
Activities for Optimum Life
Our unique Optimum Life approach to residents’ daily activities balances six dimensions of wellness: Purposeful, Physical, Emotional, Social, Spiritual and Intellectual. To accommodate a range of ages and abilities among residents in our Assisted Living and Memory Care communities, we plan a diverse activities schedule that enables everyone to find something they can enjoy. Activities at Brookdale Broadmoor include:
- Group Outings – Our residents join for ventures to nearby movie theaters, shops, restaurants, picnics at a nearby park, and day trips to attractions such as Cripple Creek. Downtown Colorado Springs is just a few minutes away, offering cultural museums, theatrical plays, and symphony performances.
- A full calendar of parties – We host monthly parties that coordinate with our monthly Brookdale Celebrates theme, featuring the foods, music and culture of different countries or eras of history. In addition, we enjoy themed parties for every holiday.
- Life Enrichment Activities – We keep our residents’ lives meaningfully vibrant by scheduling a variety of cultural and devotional events, interesting topical seminars, and charity projects.
- Card and Board Games
- Entertainment – Free movies and live music performances.
- Arts and Crafts
- Gardening Club
- Book Club
- Exercise Classes – customized to accommodate each resident’s abilities.
- Optimum Life Health Seminars
- Devotional Services
Brookdale Broadmoor is located on the southwest part of Colorado Springs, near Highway 115 and Interstate-25. This convenient location gives us quick access to many retail stores including Target, Walmart, Michael’s, and Bed, Bath & Beyond. Our two major hospitals, Penrose-St. Francis and Memorial Hospital are both just minutes away.
When you visit Brookdale Broadmoor you will see:
Residential-Style Design and Décor
The common areas of our living and dining rooms are designed as home-like settings that recreate environments our residents have been accustomed to all their lives. This familiarity is comforting for seniors with memory loss.
Interior Design That Aids Memory Care
Our campus offers a circular layout and other features that aid orientation for memory care residents.
Convenience and Lifestyle Features
Your loved one can enjoy all the comforts of home in our pet-friendly community with features that enable a lifestyle of ease.
- Restaurant-Style Dining Room
- Community Living Room with Fireplace and Grand Piano
- Enclosed Courtyard
- Outdoor Walking Paths
- On-Site Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
- Spacious Covered Porch
- Community TV Room
- Community Game Room
- Private Dining Room – Host special gatherings exclusively for your family and friends.
- Country Kitchen – Provided for convenient food warm-up or light cooking for residents, their aides or family members.
- Laundry Rooms – In addition to providing laundry service, we offer the free use of convenient laundry rooms for residents or family members who wish to launder their own personal items.
- Raised-Level Gardening Beds – Residents who truly enjoy cultivation can tend to their favorite warm-weather plants without getting down on their knees.
- Safety Features
– Alarms on All Exterior Doors
– Emergency Response Systems for Every Suite
– State of the Art Fire Safety System
Private Apartment Home Features
Our private suites, companion suites, studio, and one-bedroom apartments include the following features:
- Kitchenette with refrigerator and sink
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning
- Fashionable window coverings
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- All utilities paid (except phone)
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Walk-in shower with safety bars
- Full tubs available in select apartments
- Small pets welcome
Come Home for a Visit
A Brookdale community is a warm home where you smell the scent of pies baking in the kitchen, hear the sound of laughing grandchildren, and feel the soft fur of a pet who has come to you for love and attention.
Each apartment in our community is someone’s unique home – arranged, furnished and decorated to comfortably fit the personality of the person it belongs to. Our homes become a neighborhood, our neighbors become friends, and our friends become family.
Come see the home we built for you at Brookdale Broadmoor, where comfort and care live here every day. Just fill in your name, number, and email address in the response box on this page to receive more information. Or call us today to schedule a tour.