Formerly: Emeritus at Coeur d'Alene
CDA, ID 83815
(include area code)
- Assisted Living
- Independent Living
Exceptional Senior Living in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
Brookdale Coeur d’Alene is an exceptional retirement community providing Independent Living and Assisted Living lifestyle options to seniors and their families from Coeur d’Alene , as well as Spokane, Hayden, Dalton Gardens, Huetter, Post Falls, and other surrounding towns and suburbs in the northern Idaho panhandle and eastern Washington state.
We are regarded as a premier senior living community in this region for our hotel-style amenities and the pampering services our associates provide. Here, you can choose the Independent Living or Assisted Living services that suit your particular needs and desires.
Choose Your Level of Independence or Care
We provide senior living options, customized for each resident:
For seniors with able bodies and minds who simply wish to fully enjoy the rewards of retirement, our well-appointed Independent Living apartment community offers resort hotel services and amenities. Without the responsibilities of house maintenance or cooking, our residents are free to pursue a lifestyle of recreation and relaxation in an active social environment.
This lifestyle option is for seniors who need a little help with daily tasks and mobility from trained caregivers, while enjoying the convenience of resort-style services and the privacy of their own apartment. Assisted Living gives residents the specific type of personalized aid they need to make their lives easier and healthier, while enabling them to live as independently as possible.
A Place for Today and All Your Tomorrows
Today — you want hotel-style comforts and a vibrant lifestyle of engagement in your favorite interests.
Tomorrow — you may need some degree of care in order to continue your happy and fulfilling life.
At Brookdale Coeur d’Alene, you’ll be prepared for different possibilities of senior living. If your health requires more attention in the future, we have progressive care options that may enable you to stay in in your home here through many of the upcoming ages and stages of your senior life, surrounded by your friends, favorite caregivers, and familiar surroundings.
Live With Neighbors Like You
If you remember your bygone days in a college dormitory or at summer camp, you recall the fun of living with people your own age who shared your interests and life experiences. You sat together in the cafeteria or living room, where you could play card games, board games, tell stories, share secrets, and talk for hours. At Brookdale Coeur d’Alene, we recreate that fun communal experience of living with a family of friends.
Live With the Senior Living Leader
Our community is owned and operated by Brookdale, the nation’s largest provider of senior living solutions. We are the number one leader in retirement hospitality and care because our associates connect with our residents, “adopt” them as our grandparents, and enrich their lives every day.
Bringing New Life to Senior Living
Find out more about our distinctive blend of resort-style comforts and personalized care. Just fill in your name, number, and email address in the response box on this page to receive more information. Or call us today to schedule a tour.
Levels of Care
At Brookdale Coeur d’Alene, you can choose the lifestyle option that suits your needs and preferences.
At Brookdale you can make every moment of your retirement count. Our Independent Living experience provides dynamic options to make the most of your retirement years. With fine features, distinctive amenities and attentive service, you will feel right at home in your well-appointed accommodations.
As a resident you will enjoy the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry and transportation services in a desirable location near popular attractions with shopping and restaurants close to campus.
Hospitality and wellness are also key components to Independent Living at Coeur d’Alene. With a number of planned activities and award-winning programs, our residents have many options for something appealing or entertaining to do.
We offer life enriching opportunities to engage our resident’s interests, passion and purpose. Brookdale is committed to evidence-based programs, like our signature B-Fit exercise program as well as Brookdale Celebrates. Brookdale Celebrates combines inspired culinary and educational offerings that come together with themed experiences, special events and group activities spotlighting different cultures and cuisines.
Providing our residents and guests with thoughtfully crafted, nutritionally well-balanced dishes is of the utmost importance to us. Our passion for great food and service is evident in menus developed by the Culinary Arts Institute of Brookdale to ensure we provide our residents a first-rate dining experience each and every day.
With lifestyle and wellness programs and the opportunity to sustain long-standing friendships and develop new ones, it all comes together at Brookdale. Come see how our exceptional blend of hospitality, service and care can give you the freedom to live life as you choose.
We Balance Independence With Assistance
The senior in your life doesn’t have to choose between independence or assistance. Unlike a nursing home, Brookdale Coeur d’Alene is a community of apartment homes where they can have both — the independence of a private home, plus whatever type of supportive aid they need to perform daily tasks and maintain health.
Our Assisted Living residents enjoy the same hotel-style hospitality and group activities available to our Independent Living residents — plus the following additional assistance options:
Customized Personal Care
We Learn Resident Personalities
Before a resident moves into their Brookdale home, our staff meets with their family to learn about their loved one’s life history, daily routines, and particular likes and dislikes.
We Tailor Individualized Plans
Based on each resident’s needs and preferences, we design a Personalized Service Plan that can include the following services:
- Help With Daily Personal Tasks — Our staff can assist your loved one with showering, hygiene, clothing selection, dressing, and grooming.
- Incontinence Management
- Mobility and Escort Service
- Dining Assistance
- Nurse on Call
- Medication Management
- Diabetes Management
- Wound Care
- Home Healthcare Agency Services
- Visiting Podiatrist and Physical, Speech, and Occupational Therapists
When vacancies are available, we offer short-term respite stays for Assisted Living guests so that family caregivers like you can enjoy a much-needed rest, or leave town for a business trip or vacation while your loved one receives pampered care.
Learn More About Our Assisting Care
Find out more about the care our associates can provide your loved one to ease their life and ease your life. Call us or submit the online form today to schedule a tour.
Our services, group activities, and building features provide enjoyment, comfort, and convenience to residents throughout every section of our community.
- Weekly Housekeeping and Daily Trash Collection
- Laundry Service
- Restaurant-Style Dining — Anytime Dining 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- On-Site Salon services
- Brookdale Personal Solutions — Convenient direct-to-doorstep delivery of all of your personal care products.
- Optional Concierge Services — such as errand running, pet care, and in-room food service.
Activities for Optimum Life
Brookdale offers a new way to grow older. Our unique Optimum Life approach to residents’ daily activities balances six dimensions of wellness: Purposeful, Physical, Emotional, Social, Spiritual, and Intellectual.
To accommodate the range of resident ages and abilities in our Independent Living and Assisted Living communities, we plan a diverse activities schedule that enables everyone to find something they can enjoy. Activities at Brookdale Coeur d’Alene include:
- Group Outings — Our residents join for ventures to enjoy the restaurants, coffee shops, malls, antique shops, farmers markets, street fairs, and other cultural, entertainment, and recreation options available in the greater Couer d’Alene and Spokane metropolitan area. Since Spokane is only 20 miles away, we go to visit their museums, galleries, IMAX Theater, and Riverfront Park. We also enjoy picnics, casino trips, and day trips to Lake Coeur d’Alene.
- A Full Calendar of Parties — We host monthly parties that coordinate with our monthly Brookdale Celebrates theme, featuring the foods, music and culture of different countries or eras of history. In addition, we enjoy ice cream socials, coffee socials, wine and cheese socials, happy hours, and themed parties for every holiday.
- Life Enrichment Activities — We keep our residents’ lives meaningfully vibrant by scheduling a variety of cultural events, interesting topical seminars, and charity projects.
- Bingo, Card, and Board Games
- Garden Club
- Beanbag Toss
- Duck Racing
- Arts and Crafts
- Hand and Foot Game
- Movie Nights and Matinees
- Live Music Performances.
- Fitness Programs — customized to accommodate each resident’s abilities
- Walking Club
- Wii Bowling
- Optimum Life Health Talks
- Bible Study Groups
- Devotional Services
We are located in a quiet residential area just ten minutes from downtown Coeur d’Alene, conveniently close to shops, coffee houses, a movie theater, post office, banks, drug stores, restaurants, antique shops, Safeway, Target, Fred Meyer, Costco, the Silver Lake Mall, Lake Coeur d’Alene, and Kootenai Medical Center. We have easy access to major routes Highway 95 and Interstate 90, and are just 20 miles east of Spokane, Washington.
Our residents are surrounded by hotel-style features designed for convenience, recreation, and relaxation:
- Restaurant-Style Dining Room
- Community Living Room
- Fireplaces in Common Areas
- TV Lounge
- Game Room
- Billiards Table
- Arts and Crafts Room
- Exercise Room
- Full-Service Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
- Courtyard and Shaded Porch and Patio with Seating and Garden
- Jacuzzi Spa
- Walking Paths
- Library with Computers and Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Country Kitchen — Provided for convenient food warm-up or light cooking for residents, their aides, or family members
- Raised Gardening Beds — Residents who truly enjoy cultivation can tend to their favorite warm-weather plants without getting down on their knees.
- Private Dining Room – Host special gatherings exclusively for your family and friends.
- Laundry Room — In addition to providing laundry service, we offer the free use of a convenient laundry room for residents or family members who wish to launder their own personal items.
- A Pet-Friendly Environment
- Guest Bed and Breakfast Suites
- Safety Features
- Alarms on All Exterior Doors
- Emergency Response Systems
- A State of the Art Fire Safety System
Apartment Home Features
We offer a variety of floor plans for our suites and studios, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments and cottages with features that include:
- Kitchenette with sink and refrigerator
- Full kitchen with oven and stove in cottages
- 1-car garage with cottages
- Individually controlled heat and air
- Patio with cottages and select apartments
- Window coverings
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Wheelchair-accessible bathrooms
- Walk-in shower with safety bars
- Utilities paid (except phone)
- Free basic cable TV included
- Small pets welcome
Come Home for a Visit
A Brookdale community is a warm home where you smell the scent of pies baking in the kitchen, hear the sound of laughing grandchildren, and feel the soft fur of a pet who has come to you for love and attention.
Each apartment in our community is someone’s unique home — arranged, furnished, and decorated to comfortably fit the personality of the person it belongs to. Our homes become a neighborhood, our neighbors become friends, and our friends become family.
Come see your home at Brookdale Coeur d’Alene, where comfort and care live here every day. Just fill in your name, number, and email address in the response box on this page to receive more information. Or call us today to schedule a tour.