Formerly: Emeritus at Cougar Springs
Redmond, OR 97756
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
Exceptional Senior Living in Redmond, Oregon
Brookdale Redmond is an exceptional senior living community that provides the lifestyle options of Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care. We serve seniors and their families from Redmond as well as Bend, Terrebonne, and other surrounding towns in the Deschutes County region of central Oregon.
From our location in the heart of Redmond, we enjoy easy access to Highway 97, and are conveniently close to restaurants, doctor’s offices, churches, coffee houses, banks, drug stores, a post office, Bi-Mart, Dollar Tree, Safeway, Walgreens, Fred Meyer, Albertsons, and Redmond Cinemas.
In addition to a panoramic view of the majestic Cascade Mountains, including Mt. Bachelor, the Three Sisters, Black Butte, Mount Washington, and Mount Jefferson, we also enjoy the security of having St. Charles Medical Center just minutes away.
We are regarded as a premier senior care community in this area because of the continuum of personalized pampering care our associates give to residents.
Choose Your Level of Independence or Care
We provide senior living options, customized for each resident:
For seniors with able bodies and minds who simply wish to fully enjoy the rewards of retirement, our well-appointed Independent Living apartment community offers resort hotel services and amenities. Without the responsibilities of house maintenance or cooking, our residents are free to pursue a lifestyle of recreation and relaxation in an active social environment.
This lifestyle option is for seniors who need a little help with mobility and daily tasks from trained caregivers, while enjoying the convenience of pampering services and the privacy of their own apartment. Assisted Living gives residents the specific type of personalized aid they need to make their lives easier and healthier, while enabling them to live as independently as possible.
Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care
Our state-of-the-art Clare Bridge Program employs the latest research as well as the knowledge base and experience of the largest provider of Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care in the nation. Our programs can help your loved one maintain their mental functions and enjoy the satisfaction and dignity of daily moments of success.
Live With Neighbors Like You
If you remember your bygone days in a college dormitory or at summer camp, you recall the fun of living with people your own age who shared your interests and life experiences. You sat together in the cafeteria or living room, where you could play card games, board games, tell stories, share secrets and talk for hours. At Brookdale Redmond, we recreate that fun communal experience of living with a family of friends.
A Place for Today and All Your Tomorrows
Today – you want hotel-style comforts and a vibrant lifestyle of engagement in your favorite interests.
Tomorrow – you may need some degree of care in order to continue your happy and fulfilling life.
At Brookdale Redmond, you’ll be prepared for different possibilities of senior living. If your health requires more attention in the future, we have progressive care options that may enable you to stay in our care through many of the upcoming ages and stages of your senior life, surrounded by your friends, favorite caregivers and familiar surroundings.
Live With the Senior Living Leader
Our community is owned and operated by Brookdale, the nation’s largest provider of senior living solutions. We are the number one leader in retirement hospitality and care because our associates connect with our residents as “adopted grandparents” and enrich their lives every day.
Discover How We Bring New Life to Senior Living
Find out more about our distinctive blend of resort-style comforts and personalized care. Just fill in your name, number, and email address in the response box on this page to receive more information. Or call us today to schedule a tour.
Levels of Care
At Brookdale Redmond, you can choose the lifestyle option that suits your needs and preferences.
You worked hard, raised a family, and earned a rewarding retirement. You spent decades taking care of others. Now, it’s your turn.
A Permanent Vacation
You deserve the lifestyle upgrade awaiting you at Brookdale Redmond, where you can do more than live longer – you can live better. Enjoy the amenities of a resort and fun engaging activities with friends. It’s like staying on a year-round vacation.
Trade Chores for Resort-Style Service
If you can’t keep up with upkeep, it’s time to trade the house, lawn and garden that keeps you working, for a home that lets you truly retire from manual labor. Instead of taking care of a house, let our home take care of you. Enjoy the convenience of our housekeeping, laundry, and transportation services.
If you’ve been struggling in the kitchen, the joy of cooking has been replaced by the fatigue of standing at the sink and stovetop. If cooking and eating healthy has become too difficult, it’s time to hand over the spatula and retire. Take a seat and be served.
At Brookdale Redmond, we create a restaurant-style environment with wait staff, table linens, and centerpieces. It’s like eating out every day. (And we can tailor our meals to follow medically-prescribed special diets.)
We Balance Independence With Assistance
The senior in your life doesn’t have to choose between the two options of independence or assistance. Unlike a nursing home, Brookdale Redmond is a community of apartment homes where they can have both … the independence of a private home, plus whatever type of supportive aid they need to perform daily tasks and maintain health.
Our Assisted Living residents enjoy the same hotel-style hospitality and group activities available to our Independent Living residents — plus the following additional assistance options:
Customized Personal Care Services
We Learn Resident Personalities
Before a resident moves into their Brookdale home, our staff meets with their family to learn about their loved one’s life history, daily routines, and particular likes and dislikes.
We Tailor Individualized Plans
Based on each resident’s needs and preferences, we design a Personalized Service Plan that can include the following services:
- Help With Daily Personal Tasks — Our staff can assist your loved one with showering, hygiene, clothing selection, dressing, and grooming.
- Incontinence Management
- Mobility and Escort Service
- Dining Assistance
- Medication Management
- Diabetes Management
- Home Healthcare Agency Services
- Visiting Dentist, Podiatrist, and Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapists
Memory Care Programs
Brookdale is the nation’s largest provider of Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care. Our unique memory care programs can alleviate your loved one’s distress.
The Clare Bridge Program
Although the Clare Bridge program has more than a quarter-century of success, it continues to evolve by incorporating the latest research for the care of thousands of Brookdale residents across the country who are overcoming symptoms of dementia.
The Clare Bridge Daily Path
In small “Cluster Groups” each resident is surrounded by others with the same cognitive abilities, to give them a feeling of fitting in. They participate in easy Daily Path activities that provide daily moments of success, and feelings of accomplishment and competence.
We select a minimum of six activities per day, tailored to match each resident’s previous life interests. These activities are scheduled to give our residents a gentle daily structure, seven days a week, in a routine that gives them a sense of security.
The Clare Bridge Dining Program
The Clare Bridge Dining Program was designed by a team of Alzheimer’s Care professionals, including a gerontologist specializing in dementia care, a chef, and a registered dietician. It offers:
- Dementia-Friendly Menus
- Small Dining Rooms with Consistent Pre-Selected Seating
- Personal Dining Assistance
When vacancies are available, we offer short-term respite stays for Assisted Living or Memory Care guests so that family caregivers like you can enjoy a much-needed rest, or leave town for a business trip or vacation while your loved one receives pampered care.
Learn More About Our Two Levels of Care
Find out more about the personalized care we offer for the body and mind. Call us today to schedule a tour.
Our hospitality services, group activities, and building features provide enjoyment, comfort, and convenience to residents throughout every section of our community.
- Weekly Housekeeping and Daily Trash Collection
- Laundry Service
- Restaurant-Style Dining
- On-Site Salon services
- Brookdale Personal Solutions — Convenient direct-to-doorstep delivery of all of your personal care products.
- Optional Concierge Services — such as errand running, pet care, and in-room food service.
Activities for Optimum Life
Brookdale offers a new way to grow older. Our unique Optimum Life approach to residents’ daily activities balances six dimensions of wellness — Purposeful, Physical, Emotional, Social, Spiritual, and Intellectual.
To accommodate the range of resident ages and abilities in our Independent Living and Assisted Living communities, we plan a diverse activities schedule that enables everyone to find something they can enjoy. Activities at Brookdale Redmond include:
- Group Outings — Our residents join ventures to movie theaters, stores, restaurants, casinos, antique shops, museums, parks, farmers markets, theater plays, concerts, street fairs and festivals, and other recreational and scenic attractions in the region. A popular scenic day trip is on the Century Drive loop, which runs from the city of Bend to the Mt. Bachelor Ski Area, passing through lush forests, lava lands, open meadows, and dozens of lakes. The High Desert Museum in Bend is less than an hour’s drive down Route 97. Beyond the museum are sweeping vistas of the Old West along with many paved walking trails. We are also close to Lincoln City on the Oregon Coast, which is a favorite destination for its outlet malls, beach walks, great restaurants, and a casino.
- A Full Calendar of Parties — We host monthly parties that coordinate with our monthly Brookdale Celebrates theme, featuring the foods, music and culture of different countries or eras of history. In addition, we enjoy movie nights and matinees, barbeques, wine and cheese socials, ice cream socials, happy hours, and themed parties for every holiday.
- Board and Card Games
- Dice Games
- Arts and Crafts
- Group Puzzles
- Group Crosswords
- Word Search Games
- Trivia Games
- Armchair Travel
- Current Events Discussion Group
- Life Enrichment Activities – We keep our residents’ lives meaningfully vibrant by scheduling a variety of cultural events, interesting topical seminars, and charity projects.
- Knitting Group
- Cooking Club
- Book Club
- My Life Story Time
- Pet Therapy
- Entertainment — Free movies and live music performances.
- Fitness Programs — customized to accommodate each resident’s abilities.
- Chair Exercise
- Balloon Volleyball
- Bocce Ball
- Beanbag Baseball
- Wii Games
- Walking Group
- Optimum Life Health Talks
- Bible Study Groups
- Devotional Services
Our residents are surrounded by campus features designed for convenience, recreation, and relaxation:
- Restaurant-Style Dining Room
- Community Great Room
- Fireplaces in Common Areas
- Activity and Game Room
- TV / Movie Room
- Arts and Crafts Room
- Library with Computer and Free Internet Access
- 1950s-style Coca Cola Room / Ice Cream Parlor
- 24-hour Beverage and Snack Bar
- Exercise Room
- Hydrotherapy Spa — the relaxing pleasures and therapeutic benefits of of hydrotherapy in a bubbling whirlpool spa that offers easy walk-in accessibility and reclining comfort.
- Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
- Courtyard — with rock fountain and rose garden
- Walking Paths — with night lighting
- Raised Gardening Beds — Residents who truly enjoy cultivation can tend to their favorite warm-weather plants without getting down on their knees.
- Private Dining Room — Host special gatherings exclusively for your family and friends.
- Country Kitchen — Provided for convenient food warm-up or light cooking for residents, their aides, or family members
- Laundry Room — In addition to providing laundry service, we offer the free use of a convenient laundry room for residents or family members who wish to launder their own personal items.
- A Pet-Friendly Environment
- Safety Features
- Alarms on All Exterior Doors
- Emergency Response System
- A State of the Art Fire Safety System
Apartment Home Features
Our two-story community offers 62 Assisted Living apartments, 24 Memory Care apartments, and two Independent Living cottages.
Our suites, studios, and one-bedroom Assisted Living apartments include the following features:
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, sink, and microwave
- Individually controlled heat and air
- Large tall windows
- Window coverings
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Lighted walk-in closets
- Wheelchair-accessible bathrooms
- Walk-in shower with safety bars
- Utilities paid (except phone)
- Small pets welcome
Independent Living Cottage Features
These two cottages also offer two-bedrooms and two full baths, gas fireplaces, a garage, and a small patio in the back.
Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care Apartment Features
Our Memory Care studios have three large windows, a skylight, and integrated bookcases and closets.
Come Home for a Visit
Come see the home we made for you at Brookdale Redmond, where comfort and care live here every day. Call us or submit the online form today to schedule a tour.