Formerly: Emeritus at Fillmore Pond
Bennington, VT 05201
(include area code)
- Assisted Living
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Experience Senior Living at its Finest
Nestled in the foothills of the Green Mountains, Brookdale Fillmore Pond is a premier senior living community that delivers Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care services. Our community is situated on 87 acres of lush land that features a large pond with ducks and geese. We are just west of the charming and historic town of Bennington, Vermont and located off of Route 9.
Our community is conveniently located near several local attractions including the Bennington Center for the Arts, the Bennington Museum and the Bennington Battle Monument. We are also only 40 minutes from Albany, New York and all of its shopping, cultural attractions and entertainment venues.
Delivering Quality Care for Seniors
At our community, this isn’t just a job for our staff members — it’s a passion. Every day they strive to excel at providing support and assistance to our residents. Here’s a short description about the three levels of care that we offer:
- Independent Living — We take care of all the pesky chores that come with home maintenance so you can spend your time doing stuff that you enjoy, like spending time with friends and family, attending cultural events, and indulging in passions.
- Assisted Living — We provide you with just the right amount of support, as you need it, in order to make your life healthier and easier. But our staff’s aim is to allow you as much independence as possible.
- Memory Care — We utilize a state-of-the-art program, the Clare Bridge Concept, which has years of experience providing successful care to those with forms of Dementia. Our trained staff delivers attentive care with a focus of allowing residents to enjoy meaningful experiences, daily moments of success and working to retain mental functions.
Life at Brookdale Fillmore Pond
Our community has a very country, cozy family appeal. Residents and visitors are greeted by a warm fireplace and a welcoming staff when they enter the main lobby. The community has three floors of living space which include 30 independent living senior apartments, 45 residential care apartments and 12 shared memory care apartments. The community has studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments available. Independent living and residential care apartments have private bathrooms.
In addition, we also have 14 independent living cottages with a variety of floor plans, all of which are equipped with two bedrooms and two baths, one-car garages and front porches. Many of our cottages also have back decks and full basements. Independent living cottages are a wonderful option for those residents who wish to maintain a very independent lifestyle but would like to give up the work and worry of home maintenance.
The community has a large courtyard with raised garden beds and a large front porch with views of the Green Mountains of Vermont. We also have lovely common areas including an art room, a library with a fireplace, a fitness room, bistro, and salon.
A Wonderful, Active Lifestyle
In keeping with Brookdale philosophy, our staff provides support to our residents while helping them to maintain their independence and dignity. We have a full schedule of activities that are designed to keep our residents active and engaged, and these activities incorporate the five areas of brain health; social, physical, mental, spiritual and cultural.
Our residents enjoy participating in activities that they have been involved with during their lifetime such as gardening, cooking, puzzles, reading and sewing. We adapt the activity to the residents’ current abilities. We also offer group outings, on-site church services, decorating for and celebrating the various holidays, exercising, monthly birthday celebrations and many more fun activities.
We serve three delicious homemade meals daily in our beautiful and relaxing dining room which is designed so our residents can enjoy conversation and a satisfying culinary affair. At our community, we believe in choices and offer residents a number of entrée selections at all meals, many of which are made from favorite local recipes. We also have large holiday meals, summer cookouts and an annual formal dinner for residents and families to enjoy.
Take the First Steps Today
Our residents quickly become like family at Brookdale Fillmore Pond. They are cared for, treated with respect and loved. Discover other aspects about our community by scheduling a tour.
Levels of Care
Offering three different levels of care, Brookdale Fillmore Pond has the resources available to assist you in whatever way you need. If during your stay with us your needs change, we can adjust to provide the appropriate level of care.
Take Independence to the Next Level
When you live alone or with a partner, there are so many daily tasks that you have to be in charge of. From cooking regularly to doing the laundry to tending to the yard, all of these tasks can just be burdensome. Plus, they take up time you could be doing other things — spending time with friends and family, enjoying old hobbies or discovering new ones, and playing fun games.
At Brookdale Fillmore Pond, we take care of these daily tasks for you. No more having to drive to the grocery store and plan out meals. Instead, you’ll be able to sit down at our fine dining room and be served delicious meals from an excellent chef. The only time you’ll need to cook is when you want to. We’ll take care of the tasks you don’t want to so you can enjoy your independence fully.
Our Personalized Assisted Living Approach
Sometimes you may need a little extra assistance with daily tasks, such as bathing, getting dressed or getting to and from places. But the last thing you want is for a community to come in and control your world — ordering you around and dictating what you can and can’t do. Not the case with Brookdale Fillmore Pond.
We work with you, as a partner. Our aim is to provide you with the most amount of independence possible to live a safe and healthy lifestyle. We will sit down with you during a personal service assessment and listen to you. We don’t push a one-size-fits-all Assisted Living care plan on you. Instead, we will work together to create a custom and personal plan that you are comfortable with.
Memory Care Services With You In Mind
Our staff takes a person-centered approach to our Memory Care residents. We view all residents as individuals, and we take time to get to know each one of our seniors. Their likes, dislikes, interests, family history, and much more. We believe this personalization allows us to care for our seniors with a gentle hand and kind heart. Something we strive to do everyday.
Our goal is to help residents maintain their abilities and encourage the use of their current skills. And we do all of this while respecting our residents and treating them with the upmost dignity. To help our residents be successful, we offer a gentle daily structure where residents enjoy at least six programs daily. The programs can vary but all are designed to provide daily moments of success for our seniors.
A few examples of programs are:
- Dementia-Friendly Menus that provide diverse offerings designed to help prevent weight-loss. Selections are easy to manage, familiar and appealing to the senses.
- Individualized Dining Assistance includes evaluating each resident to determine the level of prompting assistance needed to preserve their use of utensils as long as possible.
- The Supportive Dining Environment, which incorporates small dining rooms with consistent seating to support the challenges of those with dementia, this encourages familiarity and socialization while supporting the needs of the residents through the assignment of resident care assistants. Music, centerpieces, warm, scented wash towels and fresh linens enhance the dining experience.
Learn More About Our Care
Quality care is just one of the many reasons why our residents love living at Brookdale Fillmore Pond. We invite you to come take a tour of our community. Please give us a call to schedule a time that works for you.
At our community, you’ll get to enjoy a variety of services depending on your care level. For each care option, we’ve thoughtfully prepared the necessary services to deliver the care that you need. Here’s just a glimpse of the services you’ll enjoy:
- More opportunities for socialization
- Greater support in case of an emergency
- A variety of planned activities and events
- Direct assistance with everyday tasks, like bathing, dressing and meals
- Help with medications
- A trained staff available 24 hours a day
- Transportation to doctor appointments
- Management and monitoring of some health care conditions
- A nurturing environment that surrounds residents with familiar items
- A community that honors each resident’s life story and designs activities based on their individual interests
- Life enrichment programs that provide joy and a sense of accomplishment
- A comprehensive wellness program that incorporates nutritious meals and socialization
- Education, support and ongoing communication with families
Get More Details About Our Services
There’s nothing that can compare to seeing our amenities and services firsthand. Please give us a call or submit the online form to schedule a tour today.