Formerly: Emeritus at South Windsor
South Windsor, CT 06074
(include area code)
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Exceptional Senior Living in South Windsor, CT
Set on beautifully landscaped grounds, Brookdale South Windsor is considered one of Connecticut’s premier Assisted Living and Memory Care (Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care) communities. We are located right off of Route 84, conveniently situated next to Webster Bank and Ellington Road shopping plaza.
The Right Kind of Care for Seniors
Quality care is a major aspect of Brookdale South Windsor, and our staff goes the extra mile to give you the right amount of support. Our community offers two categories of care: Assisted Living and Memory Care.
Our approach to Assisted Living is to provide the daily assistance you need, perhaps with performing tasks such as bathing or administering medicine, while also respecting your independence. For Memory Care, we offer a state-of-the-art program, designed by experts in the field, that provides optimum opportunities for loved ones to maintain their mental functions.
Our staff is the key ingredient to our quality of care. We select individuals who are compassionate and committed to our residents, and who have the skill and experience to deliver care properly. We have ongoing dementia care training so that our Memory Care staff can stay abreast of the latest techniques and research.
Life at Brookdale South Windsor
Our warm and friendly community offers 81 apartments, in a variety of apartment styles, located across three floors. We have many common areas for our residents to enjoy such as a lovely dining room, library and TV room — creating opportunities for our residents to get to know one another.
We believe in keeping our residents active and engaged on a daily basis, so we promote social wellbeing through a mixture of activities. Residents enjoy a variety of live entertainment, outdoor excursions, shopping trips, bingo, baking classes, and much more. We value our residents’ opinions and we rely on their feedback to plan activities they enjoy.
At our community, we provide restaurant style dining for our seniors, with three homemade meals served each day. Each meal offers a salad and choice of two hearty soups to start, entree and dessert. Meals are served on fine china in an inviting atmosphere so that residents can converse with the company at their table while enjoying a satisfying culinary affair.
Learn More About Our Community
Our residents quickly become like family at Brookdale South Windsor. They are cared for, treated with respect and loved. Discover other aspects about our community by calling to schedule a tour.
Levels of Care
Brookdale South Windsor offers two levels of care options — Assisted Living and Memory Care. Each of these lifestyles can be tailored to fit your particular needs.
Our Unique Approach to Assisted Living
Our Assisted Living community can offer help if you need assistance with daily activities such as bathing, dressing and administering needed medication. Just like family, we provide a little extra support with certain tasks while helping you maintain the privacy, dignity and independence that means so much to you.
Our skilled and trained staff does more than just provide you with the right kind of assistance to live a healthy and safe lifestyle. We can offer care plans that are customized to fit your particular needs.
It all starts with a Personal Service Assessment. With each of our residents, we sit down and listen to their needs. We don’t try to force a care plan on you. Instead, we work with you to figure out the level of assistance you feel comfortable with. Our support is based on only what you need, so you don’t end up paying for a ton of extra services.
We strive to provide an individualized experience for each of our residents. It’s evident in the customized plans that we offer, but it’s also apparent in the atmosphere we provide for our seniors. We learn details about our residents — from their favorite snack and recipe to a lifelong passion — and use that to provide a truly individualized living experience.
Person-Centered Memory Care
When you or your loved one joins our Memory Care community, you’ll be given the strongest kind of support, security and life-enriching programs. We create an environment that allows you to feel safe while enjoying meaningful experiences every day.
We have a state-of-the-art approach to Alzheimer’s and Dementia care, which has been perfected throughout the years. This approach is based on the Clare Bridge concept that utilizes the latest research and innovations to deliver quality Memory Care to seniors. We focus on caring for the individual — working to encourage feelings of belonging, a sense of self, purpose and fulfillment.
After undergoing specific training, our staff gently assists residents with daily programs that are designed to maintain a resident’s abilities and encourage the use of their current skills. Programs may include a “Morning Mental Workout” where residents might enjoy brain-stimulating games or discussions, and a Person-Centered Program, which may honor a resident’s past interests and involvements.
We also offer the Clare Bridge Dining Program, which has been recognized as “Best of the Best” in the industry by the Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA). It is a unique program designed by a team of specialists to help those with Alzheimer’s and dementia master and enjoy successful dining experiences. It offers dementia-friendly menus, individualized dining assistance, a supportive environment and consistent seating arrangements.
Discover More About Our Care Approach
Your care needs are extremely important, and you don’t want to trust them in the hands of just anyone. Give us a call and we’d love to tell you more about our unique approach to senior care.
From housekeeping services to regular scheduled activities to a fine dining experience, our residents get to live a resort-level lifestyle in the comfort of their own home. Learn more about the amenities and services you’ll enjoy as a Brookdale South Windsor resident.
High Quality Amenities
- Specially designed environment for individuals with memory loss
- All exterior doors alarmed for resident safety
- Handicap accessibility
- Emergency response system
- Fully equipped fire safety and sprinkler systems
- Outdoor, enclosed courtyard with walking paths
- Recreation and activity room
- Spacious family room for social gatherings
- Full-service dining room
- Private dining room for intimate or special celebrations
- Beauty/barber shop
- Washer and dryers available for personal use
- Located near shopping and fine dining
- Convenient to public transportation
- Personal Solutions — Brookdale Personal Solutions make life easier and more convenient with direct-to-doorstep delivery for all of your personal care products.
- Companion suite
- Studio (private or shared)
- One-bedroom apartment (private or shared)
- Two-bedroom apartment (private or shared)
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Kitchenette with refrigerator and sink
- Telephone hookup
- Cable hookup
- Basic cable included
- Private bath including step-in shower and safety bars
- Walk-in shower
- Small pets welcome
Expert Health Services
- Assistance with personal needs including dressing, bathing and dining
- Licensed nurse on-call 24 hours a day
- Registered nurse on-call, 24 hours a day
- Personal Service Plan
- Medication assistance
- Medication administration
- Medication management
- Personal care assistance available around the clock
- Ongoing monitoring of resident’s health status
- Behavior tracking and management
- Incontinence care/management
- Diabetic care
- Specialized intervention programs, including weight management, nutrition tracker and fall management
- Short-term stay options
- Respite care available
- Hospice care available
- Coordination of hospice care available
- Ongoing dementia training and support for staff
Resort Lifestyle Services
- Daily housekeeping services
- Personal laundry services
- Linen services
- Three nutritious and appetizing meals served daily
- Snacks and beverages available throughout the day
- Room service
- Daily programs, events or outings
- Transportation services available
- Specially designed exercise and fitness programs
- Ancillary services including pet care, in-room food service and errand running
- Personal check-ins throughout the day
- Ambulation and escort services
Stop Searching and Start Living
Get the care you need, in a comfortable environment, with all the life enriching activities you could want. Call or submit the online form to schedule a tour to see what life could be like at our community.