Brookdale Canyon Lakes
Care Levels Offered
Some ways we can support you throughout your day:
- We’re focused on helping residents build and maintain social connections.
- You’ll have the opportunity to meet new people and expand your social circle.
- Participate in various exciting activities and meet like-minded individuals.
- Brookdale Canyon Lakes encourages residents to pursue their passions in a comfortable and supportive environment.
- Independent living provides an opportunity to engage in hobbies without worrying about daily chores.
- We’ve designed our community for outdoor recreation with mature landscaping, numerous walking paths, an outdoor recreational area with horseshoe pits, a gazebo, a covered barbecue and a picnic area, all centered around two ponds with waterfalls and a walking bridge.
- Enjoy the comforts of home without the maintenance hassles.
- Our kind and compassionate staff will take care of mowing lawns, fixing leaks and any other home repairs.
- Spend more time doing more enjoyable things, such as pursuing hobbies or spending time with friends and family.
- We take care of household chores such as cleaning, laundry, meal planning and cooking.
- You don't have to worry about managing these tasks, freeing up more time for leisure activities and hobbies, like enjoying our heated pool or full circuit gym.
- Basic utilities are typically included, reducing the number of bills you need to manage.
Lifestyle at Our Independent Living Community
After living in your current home for years, planning a move can feel a little overwhelming. But independent living comes with plenty of benefits that may make a move feel worth it. New friends, great meals, and no chores – just to name a few! At Brookdale Canyon Lakes, we can help empower you to live your best life, including helping you stay as healthy as possible. Our unique programs, convenient amenities on campus, and our positive approach to holistic wellness will help support your mind, body and soul.
Want to talk right away? Call us at 855-350-3800
for more information.
Mon - Fri: 7am - 9pm CST
Sat - Sun: 8:30am - 5:30pm CST
Senior Living Advisor
We did not receive your form.
Our technical team has been notified of this error.
Independent living communities are good for seniors who want to downsize their home or spend more time with people in their same season of life. Because these communities provide residents with a home-like environment, fun-filled activities, quality dining and an engaging social calendar, it’s a great place for those who want to stay active and healthy without the hassle of things like household chores.
Assisted living communities are designed for seniors who need a little extra help with activities like managing medication, bathing and dressing. Residents usually have their own apartment that they can decorate as they wish and have access to community amenities like dining programs, social activities and more.
You may be a good candidate if you want a place to live that requires little or no home maintenance and yard work, you want to socialize with your peers and broaden your social network, you want to enjoy activities and meals in the company of others, and you wouldn’t mind having someone else take care of housekeeping and the laundry for you.
One of the best parts of being in an independent living community is having access to a wide variety of activities, events and excursions. You can enjoy everything from physical fitness classes and educational workshops to Wii bowling tournaments and resident happy hours. Here at Brookdale, residents enjoy all kinds of exciting programs like our signature B-Fit exercise program, which encompasses the latest research and guidelines to give you a fun, stimulating and social exercise experience.
Independent living communities offer all kinds of fun classes, activities and outings. It’s a wonderful place to meet people who share your interests and passions. And whether or not you want to participate is your choice. Join the activities you want to enjoy or focus on your own hobbies. It’s up to you.
We offer a variety of room sizes and floor plans so you can choose the one that’s right for you. The styles vary between communities, but floor plan options include studio apartments and one, two or three-bedroom apartments. Each apartment includes a private bathroom, and some feature a kitchen or kitchenette. Couples can usually live in the same apartment, but it’s wise to check with the community first.
Some of our independent living communities have different guidelines, but you are often welcome to bring personal belongings and furnishings to make your new space feel more like home. We always encourage our residents to personalize their apartment so it feels comfortable, inviting and relaxing.
While independent living communities can vary from location to location, our Brookdale communities provide residents and their guests with delicious meals that are healthy and nutritionally balanced. Residents enjoy great food and service with menus developed by the Culinary Arts Institute of Brookdale.
You are not required to have a car to live at one of our communities. We provide scheduled transportation services so you can run errands and make your appointments without dealing with the hassle of driving and parking. However, if you still want to drive, many of our communities allow residents to have cars.
Pets are an important part of the family, which is why most of our communities are pet-friendly. Be sure to check with your individual community before you arrive in case there are weight or breed restrictions.