Brookdale South Bay
Care Levels Offered
Some ways we can support you throughout your day:
- Write your own story with interesting things to do and interesting people to do them with.
- Connect with new friends and neighbors at Wine Down Wednesdays, fitness classes and the book club, to name a few.
- Get help with chores so you can focus on the fun.
- Take a class to learn sign language, then join a poker game in the game room.
- Join our language club and learn a new language like Spanish.
- Get artsy at our arts and crafts classes.
- Join us for cocktail hours in the courtyard.
- Check out our monthly calendar and explore new hobbies and interests like movie matinees, live music performances and devotional services.
- Home maintenance is covered in your monthly rate.
- You won't have to worry about cleaning a big house or costly home repairs.
- Spend more time with friends, exploring Los Angeles and Redondo Beach or traveling.
- You’ll have support if you need it, but also independence and freedom to live life on your own terms.
- Spend time with interesting neighbors over a cup of coffee in the garden gazebo.
- Enjoy various games like bridge, Scrabble and billiards in the game room.
- Practice your swing at the putting green.
- Skip the traffic and make your hair appointment at our beauty salon.
Lifestyle at Our Independent Living Communities
Here at Brookdale South Bay, it’s all in the details. Our community is elegant, like a resort, yet warm and friendly. So settle in and enjoy sophisticated common areas like our living room with a fireplace and a piano and our outdoor courtyard and gardens where you can enjoy get-togethers with great friends. And when it comes to chores, less is more—more time for you. Plus, you have convenient amenities right here on campus with a courtyard gazebo and koi pond, a putting green and a fitness center in your own backyard.
- Emergency Alert System
- Parking - Surface
- Concierge Service
- Beauty/Barber Shop
- Courtyard and Garden
- Therapy Room
- Private Dining Room
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Game Room
- Walking Paths
- Putting Green/Outdoor Sports Activities
- Landscaped Grounds
- Business Centers/Computers
- Fireside Living Room
- Meeting Rooms
- Computer/Internet Access
- Postal Services
- Personal Solutions
Want to talk right away? Call us at 855-350-3800
for more information.
Mon - Fri: 7am - 9pm CST
Sat - Sun: 8:30am - 5:30pm CST
Senior Living Advisor
We did not receive your form.
Our technical team has been notified of this error.
Independent living communities are good for seniors who want to downsize their home or spend more time with people in their same season of life. Because these communities provide residents with a home-like environment, fun-filled activities, quality dining and an engaging social calendar, it’s a great place for those who want to stay active and healthy without the hassle of things like household chores.
Assisted living communities are designed for seniors who need a little extra help with activities like managing medication, bathing and dressing. Residents usually have their own apartment that they can decorate as they wish and have access to community amenities like dining programs, social activities and more.
You may be a good candidate if you want a place to live that requires little or no home maintenance and yard work, you want to socialize with your peers and broaden your social network, you want to enjoy activities and meals in the company of others, and you wouldn’t mind having someone else take care of housekeeping and the laundry for you.
One of the best parts of being in an independent living community is having access to a wide variety of activities, events and excursions. You can enjoy everything from physical fitness classes and educational workshops to Wii bowling tournaments and resident happy hours. Here at Brookdale, residents enjoy all kinds of exciting programs like our signature B-Fit exercise program, which encompasses the latest research and guidelines to give you a fun, stimulating and social exercise experience.
Independent living communities offer all kinds of fun classes, activities and outings. It’s a wonderful place to meet people who share your interests and passions. And whether or not you want to participate is your choice. Join the activities you want to enjoy or focus on your own hobbies. It’s up to you.
We offer a variety of room sizes and floor plans so you can choose the one that’s right for you. The styles vary between communities, but floor plan options include studio apartments and one, two or three-bedroom apartments. Each apartment includes a private bathroom, and some feature a kitchen or kitchenette. Couples can usually live in the same apartment, but it’s wise to check with the community first.
Some of our independent living communities have different guidelines, but you are often welcome to bring personal belongings and furnishings to make your new space feel more like home. We always encourage our residents to personalize their apartment so it feels comfortable, inviting and relaxing.
While independent living communities can vary from location to location, our Brookdale communities provide residents and their guests with delicious meals that are healthy and nutritionally balanced. Residents enjoy great food and service with menus developed by the Culinary Arts Institute of Brookdale.
You are not required to have a car to live at one of our communities. We provide scheduled transportation services so you can run errands and make your appointments without dealing with the hassle of driving and parking. However, if you still want to drive, many of our communities allow residents to have cars.
Pets are an important part of the family, which is why most of our communities are pet-friendly. Be sure to check with your individual community before you arrive in case there are weight or breed restrictions.