Formerly: Emeritus at Lake Charles
Lake Charles, LA 70605
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
Adult Residential and Alzheimer’s Care Community
Brookdale Lake Charles is an upscale senior living community in Lake Charles, LA that specializes in Adult Residential Care and Alzheimer’s Care. Our excellent location is less than 3 miles from Prien Lake and Lake Area Medical Center, as well as close to many great restaurants and shopping centers.
Our community is known for providing excellent service with a smile. We make an effort to build strong relationships with our residents and provide them with a lifestyle that’s comfortable, supportive and fulfilling.
A Mix of Resident Independence and Assistance
At our community, we offer two levels of care, which are carried out by our highly skilled and trained staff. For our Adult Residential Care (similar to assisted living), we provide residents with a unique combination of supportive assistance while respecting their independence. Our goal is to allow residents to enjoy as much independence as possible, while also giving them the support they need to live a healthy lifestyle.
For our Alzheimer’s Care, or Memory Care, we implement a highly successful program called the Clare Bridge Concept that centers on a person-first approach to care. By implementing a gentle daily structure, we can create opportunities to help Memory Care residents retain mental functions, be more engaged with the world and enjoy daily moments of success.
A Community Built for Comfort and Support
During your stay with us, you can choose from a variety of apartment styles such as private studios, private deluxe suites and companion suites, each one is equipped with a kitchenette and private restroom. We have many on-site amenities and common areas for you to enjoy, such as a chapel, a full-service salon, library, and an enclosed courtyard.
We are dedicated to the health and happiness of our residents, and we offer life-enriching programs that are tailored to each resident’s individual likes, dislikes, and needs. Daily activities are planned with emphasis on providing physical, mental, social, and spiritual stimulation.
We offer a low-impact exercise program three times a week, along with weekly church services, and scheduled outings to local restaurants and shopping. Residents also enjoy several live musical performances with dancing every month. Family and friends of residents are always encouraged to participate with residents in activities, especially the monthly family events.
Our dining room is the perfect backdrop to enjoy the fine meals prepared by our chef. Fresh linens, high backed chairs, spacious environment, hard wood floors—these are just some of the features in our dining room. You’ll feel like you’ve stepped into a well-respected restaurant. To compliment the entire experience, you’ll have attentive staff, who will be on hand to serve you.
Learn More About Our Community
We’d love to tell your more about Brookdale Lake Charles. Please give us a call or submit the online form to schedule a tour today.
Levels of Care
At Brookdale Lake Charles, we can provide you with two different levels of care depending on your needs—Adult Residential Care and Memory Care. Here’s a little bit about our goals, aims and structure for our two care programs:
Adult Residential Care
With many years dedicated to serving seniors, we are able to provide an Adult Resident Care program that creates a balance between your desire for independence and any assistance you may need accomplishing daily tasks.
Sometimes you may need a little extra support during the day, perhaps for bathing, taking medication or getting dressed. Most people do at some point. But you still want to enjoy some independence. Well, our Adult Residential Care program is just for you.
We start with a Personal Service Assessment. We sit down with you to listen to you and understand the type of support you may need. You are an individual, and you deserve to have a care plan that reflects your individual needs.
So we work with you to create a customized plan that allows you to have the maximum level of independence while still remaining healthy and safe. If you need assistance for certain tasks, our staff will deliver that support with compassion, understanding and respect.
There are many things that go into providing good, quality Memory Care—a safe and secure environment, programs that encourage mental stimulation, loving staff that treats residents with respect and dignity. Just to name a few.
We have all of that here at Brookdale Lake Charles. We provide a well-rounded, person-centered approach to Memory Care. It doesn’t matter where a person is in life, everyone deserves to live in a dignified manner and enjoy meaningful experiences every day. This is something we take to heart at our community. And it’s a philosophy that we implement daily because our residents deserve it.
We offer a gentle daily structure (seven days per week) for residents where they get to enjoy programs, at least six per day, that are designed to maintain the resident’s abilities and to encourage the use of their current skills.
For example, one of our residents may enjoy an exciting discussion or brain-stimulating game as part of the “Morning Mental Workout.” Or a resident may take part in a group exercise or fun dancing activity as part of the “Daily Physical Activity.”
We also offer a specific dining program that helps residents enjoy and master the dining experience. Dementia-friendly menus are developed that help prevent weight-loss and include foods that are familiar to residents and easy to manage. Also, our staff will evaluate each resident individually and determine the level of support needed during the dining experience. But our goal is to encourage the use of utensils as long as possible.
Learn More About Our Approach to Care
If you are interested in learning more about our community, please give us a call or schedule a tour. We would be happy to answer any questions you have.
Brookdale Lake Charles is a community with a lot to offer. From being pet-friendly to luxurious apartments to fine dining, we have amenities and services that make your stay very comfortable. Check out what you’d get to enjoy:
- Specially designed environment for individuals with memory loss
- All exterior doors alarmed for resident safety
- Handicap accessibility
- Emergency response system
- Fully equipped fire safety and sprinkler systems
- Outdoor, enclosed courtyard
- Outdoor gardening areas with raised beds
- Recreation and activity room
- Library with computers and Internet access
- Spacious family room for social gatherings
- Full-service dining room
- Private dining room for intimate or special celebrations
- Full-service salon offering hairstyling, manicures and facials
- Washers and dryers available for personal use
- Located near shopping and fine dining
- Convenient to public transportation
- Private suite
- Private deluxe suite
- Companion suite
- Shared studio
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Kitchenette with a refrigerator, microwave, and sink
- Telephone hookup
- Cable hookup
- Basic cable included
- Large, lighted closets
- Private bath including step-in shower and safety bars
- Walk-in shower
- Patio for outdoor living space
- Small pets welcome
- Assistance with personal needs including dressing, bathing and dining
- Licensed nurse available
- Licensed nurse on-call, 24 hours a day
- Registered nurse on-call, 24 hours a day
- Personal Service Plan
- Medication assistance
- Medication administration
- Medication management
- Personal care assistance available around the clock
- Ongoing monitoring of resident’s health status
- Behavior tracking and management
- Daily housekeeping services
- Weekly housekeeping services
- Personal laundry services
- Linen services
- Three freshly prepared, nutritious and appetizing meals served daily
- Snacks and beverages available throughout the day
- Room service available
- Daily programs, events or outings
- Scheduled transportation services available
- Transportation services available
- Incontinence care/management
- Diabetic care
- Stage I and II wound care
- Short-term stay options available
- Specialized intervention programs, including weight management, nutrition tracker and fall management
- Respite care available
- Hospice care available
- Coordination of hospice care available
- Specially designed exercise and fitness programs
- Specially designed environment for individuals with limited mobility
- Ancillary services including pet care, in-room food service and errand running
- Personal check-ins throughout the day
- Ambulation and escort services
- Ongoing dementia training and support for staff
Learn More About Our Amenities
The type of amenities and services offered at our community are top-rated. All of them add up to create a safe, secure and comfortable environment for our residents. Schedule an appointment to tour our community today.