Formerly: Emeritus at Sarasota
Sarasota, FL 34231
(include area code)
- Memory Care
- Assisted Living
Assisted Living and Memory Care in Sarasota, Florida
Brookdale Phillippi Creek offers a beautiful Assisted Living and Alzheimer’s and dementia care community for seniors.
Our loving family redefines life for residents, respecting their individuality, and allowing them to live life more meaningfully. We offer all of the amenities of home without any of the responsibilities or work and are one of the Gulf Coast’s premier retirement communities.
With a continuum of care, residents have the security of knowing they can remain here, in their home, without having to relocate and separate from their familiar surroundings and friendships, should their needs change over time. Our emphasis is on providing you with numerous services, while helping you maintain your independence and health.
A Wonderful Place to Call Home
We are located on Swift Road, just north of Clark Road and Stickney Point, in a quiet residential area near Siesta Key Beach. Our upscale property offers 96 apartments on two floors, with a friendly, home-like environment you feel as soon as you enter our front door. With many planned activities and dining services, there are numerous opportunities to make new friends, right here in your home.
Phillippi Creek’s beautiful residence offers a variety of activities and social spaces such as our chapel, library, game room, activity room, outdoor garden and gazebo and ice cream parlor to socialize with friends and family. Each day is about living life to the fullest and letting us take care of all the mundane daily chores. Cheerful smiles from our caring, professional staff greet you everyday, and a peaceful setting creates a wonderful living environment for residents.
An Active and Engaging Lifestyle
At Brookdale, we rely on our seniors to create their planned activities, and the calendar is enhanced monthly by new events and ideas. Competitive bowling matches, musical events, word games and armchair travels are examples of ways social, physical, mental, spiritual, cultural and creative activities are blended. Live entertainment, off-site excursions, lunch bunch outings and a myriad of cultural activities are always available.
Substantial investments in our culinary program and staffing, allow us to provide mealtime experiences that set our communities apart from the competition. From Culinary Arts Training for chefs, to select seasonings and bakery options, Brookdale has created one of the industry’s leading dining services. Our fine dining experience is prepared by a trained chef and receives nutritional support and recommendations from a registered dietician.
Three restaurant-style meals are served each day in the group dining room and snacks are provided throughout the day. We continue to meet the nutritional needs of residents with dining choices that promote their health and well-being. Each meal offers a selection of delicious choices, sensational service and we always accommodate special restrictions and requests.
To help alleviate any confusion or added stress, we keep mealtimes very routine for our Memory Care community. Residents all sit together at the same time and same table each day. Meals are served on colorful plates and tablecloths so they can more easily distinguish their food. We also provide easy-to-eat snacks between meals, helping to ensure these residents get the nutrition and calorie count they need.
Learn More About Our Community
To experience Brookdale Phillippi Creek and the services we provide, please give us a call or submit the online form on this page. We would love to show you our home!
Levels of Care
As the population ages, more people are discovering senior Assisted Living and the peace of mind we offer. Our community’s approach focuses on being a trusted partner and listening to your needs, understanding the life you want for yourself or a loved one and customizing a solution that puts that life within reach.
Brookdale Phillippi Creek offers two levels of care:
- Assisted Living provides personal assistance and support with daily activities and services needed, such as medication management, meals, bathing and dressing, as well as amenities for housekeeping and linen services, transportation and recreations. Our individualized care plans provide an ideal blend of convenience and support, with respect for personal preferences.
- Memory Care was created over 25 years ago and continually embraces current research in Alzheimer’s and dementia care, coupled with the experience of caring for thousands of people with dementia. Associates help residents create daily moments of success, offering opportunities for them to experience a sense of purpose and meaning. A gently daily structure is provided to help maintain and encourage current skills.
More About Memory Care
Memory Care at Brookdale offers programs and a secure environment for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. We believe that no matter where an individual is in their life, each has the right to live in a dignified manner and enjoy meaningful experiences every day.
Deeply rooted in a person-centered approach, our program focuses on sustaining feelings of belonging and purpose while seeking to preserve a sense of self. Providing excellent dementia care is a complex task that requires ongoing guidance and teaching for our staff members. All of our highly trained associates receive initial and on-going training in proper techniques, approach and care for seniors with dementia.
An established set of protocols and techniques enables our team to intervene when challenging behaviors resulting from dementia arise. Our whole-community philosophy is the key that empowers staff members to identify any unmet needs and be a part of the solution.
Strong, Professional Relationships and Loving Staff
Phillippi Creek strives to visit with area hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, rehabilitation centers, area physicians and other key support professionals to enhance daily working relationships. We also provide a rapid response with professionals to meet the needs of potential and current residents. Our goal is to assure a continuum of care for our residents.
We are proud of the longevity of staff members who have been serving our residents for a number of years. Our management team is comprised of professionals representing many years of expertise in senior care. We are selective when choosing staff to join our team, and only those with a caring heart are accepted into our family.
Partnering with the Local Community
Each year, we participate in the Alzheimer’s walk. We also host professional groups, provide seminars for residents, professionals and the community, and we hold appreciation breakfasts for groups and organizations that provide assistance to our residents throughout the year. In addition to holding seminars and hosting professional meetings, we encourage various opportunities for the community to view us as a resource, and we are well known for our tantalizing buffets, appetizers, special events and hospitality.
Learn More About Phillippi Creek’s Levels of Care
We invite you to experience exceptional Assisted Living and Memory Care services at Brookdale. Please fill out the online form or give us a call to schedule a tour.
The Brookdale Phillippi Creek community provides the care and services you desire, plus the amenities of a resort. While the levels of care and needs will vary, each resident receives a customized care plan that is tailored to meet their personal preferences, ensuring a comfortable and supportive retirement for our seniors.
- Specially designed environment for individuals with memory loss
- All exterior doors alarmed for resident safety
- Handicap accessibility
- Emergency response system
- Fully equipped fire safety and sprinkler systems
- Outdoor courtyard
- Outdoor walking paths
- Outdoor gardening areas
- Spacious family room for social gatherings
- Full-service dining room
- Private dining room for intimate or special celebrations
- Ice cream parlor
- Full-service salon offering hair styling, manicures, facials and more
- Washers and dryers available for personal use
- Ample resident storage
- Located near shopping and fine dining
- Convenient to public transportation
Apartment Styles and Features
- Companion suite
- One-bedroom apartment
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Individually-controlled heating and air conditioning
- Kitchenette with refrigerator and sink
- Telephone hookup
- Basic cable included
- Walk-in closets
- Walk-in shower
- Small pets welcome
- Assistance with personal needs including dressing, bathing and dining
- Licensed nurse available, 24-hours a day
- Medication management
- Personal care assistance available around-the-clock
- Ongoing monitoring
- Behavior tracking and management
- Weekly housekeeping services
- Linen services
- Three freshly-prepared, nutritious and appetizing meals served daily
- Snacks and beverages available throughout the day
- Room service
- Daily programs, events or outings
- Scheduled transportation services available
- Incontinence care/management
- Short-term stay options
- Specialized intervention programs, including weight management, nutrition tracker and falls management
- Respite care available
- Coordination of hospice care
- Specially designed environment for individuals with limited mobility
- Brookdale Personal Solutions make life easier and more convenient with direct-to-doorstop delivery for all of your personal care products.
Learn More About our Services
For more information on Phillippi Creek’s programs, amenities or accommodations, please give us a call today.